Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna - Voice Synth

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 8th July 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by dave_mezza2006 View Post
Why doesnt mine do it then ?

Mines got a blutetooth handfree kit fitted (what make / fitted by who i do not know ), it may be something to do with that ? When the handfree kit is in operation the radio mutes, but no speech message. Very strange.
There's three possible mute lines on the ISO block - I know that from fitting the Parrot kit in the Clio. The Clio uses what Parrot designates as 'mute line 3.'

If the installer has connected the mute wire to one of the other two possible pins or has left it disconnected, your stereo probably isn't getting the mute signal at all. The kit itself will cut off the stereo output to all of the speakers, so that's why the music goes off.

The acid test is to see what happens when you're playing a CD. With the mute wired up correctly, the player should pause and then continue from where it left off when the call ends. If the mute isn't wired up correctly, the disc will carry on playing silently during the call and you'll pick up somewhere else on the disc when the call ends.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome