Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What point would you cut your losses.......

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 9th July 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Yeah, don't get shot yet mate. The leak I had in my previous Lag was about the same magnitude as yours is and I eventually found it (by luck) and fixed it......then got shot

Just to clarify to everyone. The following have been checked and are definately not the source of the leak;
  1. Windscreen scuttles - both clear
  2. Sunroof drain holes (front) - both clear
  3. Door seal - no sign at all of water ingress!
The water, from what I could see is entering from the front of the car somewhere...there was no evidence of it coming from the rear.

Tigz, how easy would it be to remove the carpet and soundproofing from your motor. Is the carpet one whole piece front to back or is it seperate pieces?

My thinking is to get the whole carpet etc up and see if any clues can be gained from this as the problem with the carpet being there is that it hides virtually every possible point of entry.

If you want I can bring the whole clan over Sunday and make a day of permitting!

PM me dude

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome