Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What point would you cut your losses.......

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 9th July 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Originally Posted by scatz View Post
Just to clarify to everyone. The following have been checked and are definately not the source of the leak;
  1. Windscreen scuttles - both clear
  2. Sunroof drain holes (front) - both clear
  3. Door seal - no sign at all of water ingress!
The water, from what I could see is entering from the front of the car somewhere...there was no evidence of it coming from the rear.
Hey Scatz, let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree here and I don't meant to teach a granny to suck eggs, but ( I hate buts unless they're on a woman! ) have you removed the wipers and then inturn removed the scuttles? From what I've been reading on this, underneath the scuttles gets filled with a lot of crap.

I can only speak from other cars I've worked on, never done a galaxy, but once the scuttles are out the way you should be staring and the wiper mechanism and the heater fan. Deep deep down on either side of the windscreen there should be a drainage channel similar to what you'll see in the sunroof. This should drain out somewhere between the inner and outer wings, normaly by the use of a pipe. Pour some water down there and make sure it comes out from the wheel arch somewhere. Also stick a curtain wire down there.

I appologise again if you've already done this

Even without seeing the car I'm inclined to think it's comming from around the bulkhead area. Deffo check that washer feed to the rear wiper too.

All the best Tigz in getting this sorted.
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)

Last edited by Mikey; 9th July 2008 at 09:13 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome