Independent Renault Forums banner

Speaker upgrade for '99 Scenic?

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Tiggerz_SRi 
#1 ·
Looking to upgrade the speakers in my Scenic as they're a bit rubbish, I'd just like a little more clarity, and a modicum of bass extension, as there's absolutely none now! :(

What size speakers should I be looking for?

Will component speakers fit relatively easily?

I'll be sticking with the standard Renault cassette head unit and multichanger, and would prefer to pay less than £50 for the fronts, and not really sure whether I'd benefit from upgrading the rears too?

Thanks in advance. :d

#5 ·
speaker update in scenic

going through this myself right now, i see both front and rear speaker cavities take a 5.25 " speaker, not much you can do about that without butchering and cutting new holes, and in the rear, i cant see any option but stay with 5.25 ". what i did originally was put some sony explod in, i had a set from another car, not happy with the sound, so now ive got phoenix gold speakers, by the way, the factory speakers were dual cone in the rear, and component in front, a 5.25" woofer, and a seperate tweeter up in top of dash with a xover included, personaly i cant see how you can expect to much from such puny size speakers as 5.25".so look for really good 2 way ones, alpine and pioneer are good,up market JBL or phoenix gold. sony are tinny , built for youth market all treble and no bass. you need good sound in a renault to take your mind off the thought of whats going to happen next,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.