Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The difference between sucking & blowing!

View Single Post
post #57 of (permalink) Old 11th July 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by KE View Post
I could realy talk about this all day but will try and make it a little smaller.

Turbo car: Can't beat the hit of power when on boost, Free flow air filter will help but only with other supporting mods. I.E exhaust from turbo back, uprated fuel pump, larger intercooler and cooler runing plugs.

More dense air works best (All turbo rally cars are tested early in the morning when the air is best)

No backpressure needed for a turbo car, get the gases out shortest and quickest route possible.

N/A car: air goes in at atmospheric pressure not sucked in.
free flow filter will make the smallest amount of differance.

In order for it to make a differance that is noticable the whole system needs upgrading. larger throttle body , ported and polished head, high lift camshaft, 4 branch manifold and a decent exhaust system (remembering back pressure required on a n/a car)

I also would fit fuel pressure reg and remapped ecu to except the higher fuel pressure and more air flow.

There you go thats my imput simplified hope this helps a little.
Lag Derv drivers are more concerned about prolonging the life of their exploding turbos than getting extra powerrrr - you think the rest of the renault drivetrain could take it? - unlike you bansai jap tuners

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome