Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1990 Daimler Sovereign value?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12th July 2008
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
TBH Mike, if its an XJ40, its not Jag/Daimler's finest hour - they tended to rust quite heavily (check bootlid on the edge just above the lamps, for example, and door bottoms). The electrics were a bit suspect, and many were fitted with metric tyres that are now expensive & hard to source. Engines are also prone to oil leaks.

Any expense will more often than not (unless you do the job yourself) be very high.

These haven't gone all the way through the 'banger' stage most cars go through to achieve 'classic' status - so unless its absolutely mint - I would walk away

Its your call at the end of the day (and I know you only wanted to know the prices), but I would think very carefully before proceeding.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome