Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1990 Daimler Sovereign value?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12th July 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to Mike11 Send a message via Skype™ to Mike11
Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
TBH Mike, if its an XJ40, its not Jag/Daimler's finest hour - they tended to rust quite heavily (check bootlid on the edge just above the lamps, for example, and door bottoms). The electrics were a bit suspect, and many were fitted with metric tyres that are now expensive & hard to source. Engines are also prone to oil leaks.

Any expense will more often than not (unless you do the job yourself) be very high.

These haven't gone all the way through the 'banger' stage most cars go through to achieve 'classic' status - so unless its absolutely mint - I would walk away

Its your call at the end of the day (and I know you only wanted to know the prices), but I would think very carefully before proceeding.

Thanks for the advice Paul. It has got a little bit of bubbling on the rear chrome window surround and a tiny bit near the exhaust, other than that it is perfect, all the rest of the body work is fine, no fading and the electrics work etc, has also got a new MOT.

I'm probably going to leave it but was just a thought really.
Currently in Mike11's garage:
An LPG powered Ford Focus ST170.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome