Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Engine Oil Overfill*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th July 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Laguna 2 - Engine Oil Overfill*FIXED*

I have not long had my 53 plate Laguna 1.8 (petrol) serviced and a couple of days after I was doing a short journey up a dual carriageway when I smelt burning oil .
I had a good look round and found that the engine oil was over the max mark and it is obvious that some (not much ) oil was spilled around the oil cap onto the top of the engine. The smell seems to concentrate around the rear left hand side of the engine bay.
I cleaned the excess oil off around the top of the engine and as far as I can see there is no oil left on the outside of the engine anywhere.
I then drained off the excess oil out of the engine (there was about half a litre).
I have also had a good look inside the airbox and I can see (although canít get at properly) some oil inside the lower portion of the box. I have tried to clean as much of this out as I can.
The trouble is (if your still with me ) I can still smell burning oil if the engine is hot and I am stationary.
Has anyone got any ideas if the overfill could have caused any damage?
I am hoping I am still smelling the excess oil I have not managed to cleanup but I thought I'd see if anyone had any advice.

Thanks in advance.
Currently in gismo's garage:
2003 Laguna II 1.8
  5 Lastest Threads by gismo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Laguna 2 - Engine Oil Overfill*FIXED* Laguna Lagdti 9 5830 13th July 2008 07:04 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome