Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic I - Tuner list head unit + philips changer compatability

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th July 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic I - Tuner list head unit + philips changer compatability

Hi all,

My dad has just got a new (to him) 99 scenic and wants to fit the cd changer (philips RC026) from his old 97 scenic.
Unfortunately he didn't think to pull the old cable before getting the old car scraped, so had to get a new 5m cable from a auto electrics place. This new cable has an 8 pin din connector for the changer end and a 8 way blue mini iso connector for the head unit (Philips part# 22EA6263/00)

Before running the cable into the boot we thought it best to check that the cable was correct as the man in the shop wasn't sure. Pulled the head unit out of the dash and connected the changer up.

Changer powers up, you can hear it checking the cassette, but the head unit doesn't seem to detect it when cycling round with the source buttons on the satellite or on the radio itself. Tried pressing the reset button on the changer and disconnecting the battery neither of which helped.

So my questions are:

1. Is the CD changer compatible with the headunit?
(initial googling suggests it is)

2. Is this the correct cable for the job?

3. Is there something special that needs to be done to get the headunit to detect the changer? Factory reset?

The head unit is radio/cassette model and says tuner list on it. The sticker on the side has a Renault logo:
model no. 22dc259/62p.
prod no. 7700434424 TW843

The cd changer is a philips RC026. Sticker on bottom says:
D2B digital bus

Sorry for the long post, thought its best to get all the info at once.

Thanks in advance,
  5 Lastest Threads by j_c
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio Rain sensor / service light Electronics mark197829 3 3097 5th October 2010 06:24 PM
Renault Clio - Radio Code - how many attempts? Electronics Dancingdad 10 6921 1st September 2008 11:58 AM
Renault Scenic I - Tuner list head unit + philips... Scenic 5 10104 13th July 2008 10:20 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome