Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - And people say auto's are slow...

View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 14th July 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Mike11 View Post
Has she got a 3rd party extension Delta? If she has then she can drive it. Just if an accident happens make sure she isn't at fault, lol.
No because she's under 25 they won't give it to her. Thats why I said her insurance won't allow her in the first place

Mine does, so where I am fully comp on the safrane the megane is in her name and belongs to her so I can drive that too with her consent

Originally Posted by Azurael View Post
I can't stand autos... You've GOT to have a solid linkage between the wheel and engine for driving to 'feel' right, and not be wasting power, and that's before we even get on to the fact that most auto boxes have the shift points in places which are completely alien to most manual drivers
LOL Az you're missing half the fun! Having driven a meggie for ages with a really stiff clutch which was a sod to bring up smoothly I'm the opposite to you - I love the smoothness of the torque converter - Its very smooth!. Mine is also very good about when it changes gear too - Most of the time its predictable. Lazy git I am I still don't lift the accelerator for it to change easily... I really should do that a bit more! I also think it depends on what type of auto box you have too. I've heard the DPO boxes renault are fond off are crap but my saff has an aisin warner apparently which is supposedly one of the best auto box makers in the world. I love the thing - its brilliant!
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome