Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace III cycle rack fitting query

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th July 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Espace III cycle rack fitting query

Can anyone help with a fixing query for a tailgate cycle rack for my Espace III (The Race - 02)?

I bought the proper Renault carrier off eBay & it arrived with lots of bits including some large rollers & "U" brackets to be fitted on the lower mounting, but which do I use? The instructions seem a bit ambiguous.

The "U" brackets seem the logical choice as they fit over the plastic strip beneath the number plate but it does move around a bit when opening the tailgate which would scuff the paintwork after a while. Also the rear wiper arm looks to be slightly fouled as it's mounted below the opening rear window on the bodywork.

Not sure about the rollers, would have thought that they might scratch the tailgate as well.

Has anyone fitted one of these & knows what to use?

Many thanks....

Currently in stewd's garage:
Renault Espace III 2.0 The Race
  5 Lastest Threads by stewd
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace III cycle rack fitting query Bodywork baronmax 4 1289 14th July 2008 11:01 AM
Espace - jerking when accelerating or decelerating Engines Donald 3 1276 1st November 2007 10:35 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome