Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fitting a new rear number plate

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 14th July 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by daft_plonk View Post
how much did that cost?
Think it was about 14 per number plate and about 3.50 for each one to be fitted.

I wasn't happy! I could of stuck them on like that myself and got annoyed when the rear one dropped off. I felt cheated that I'd paid money for someone else to use my bad luck lol.

In honesty I wasn't impressed with their attitude when I had to go back 3 times either. I was treated more like a pain than a welcome customer.

In the end they made one remark to far which resulted in a response along the lines of "Look, I've paid to have these professionally fitted, its dropped off twice almost a third and almost had me in trouble with the law. I drive over 450 miles per week and I can not have my rear plate dropping off and costing me 3 points due to your lack of duty of care towards me. Would you please kindly screw it on this time or I'm going to be in touch with your head office via a solicitor"

Seemed to do the trick too... the chap used a blank see through number plate as a template for the existing holes and had it screwed on properly in less than 10 mins!

Not a problem since!
Currently in delta1066's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome