Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna - Voice Synth

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 15th July 2008
Nominated 6 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,640 Times in 1,304 Posts
Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
There's three possible mute lines on the ISO block - I know that from fitting the Parrot kit in the Clio. The Clio uses what Parrot designates as 'mute line 3.'

If the installer has connected the mute wire to one of the other two possible pins or has left it disconnected, your stereo probably isn't getting the mute signal at all. The kit itself will cut off the stereo output to all of the speakers, so that's why the music goes off.

The acid test is to see what happens when you're playing a CD. With the mute wired up correctly, the player should pause and then continue from where it left off when the call ends. If the mute isn't wired up correctly, the disc will carry on playing silently during the call and you'll pick up somewhere else on the disc when the call ends.
Cheers for that Horatio. I've not tried that as yet. I think the CD would carry on playing to be honest.

I've binned the in-car handfree (well un-paired it from my phone) as the quality is truely awful sometimes - I think it depends on the mobile signal in the area etc.

Ive gone back to using my motorola bluetooth headset which is far superior.
Currently in dave_mezza2006's garage:
2014 Vauxhall Astra Limited Edition 1.4 16v VVT Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome