Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - MOT Test Emission Test Results Survey Thread - Member feedback wanted

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 19th April 2006 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
I may have got my knickers in a twist... I think it's g/km .

This is what VCA says about Laguna II Hatchback.

Vehicle Excise Duty for 12 months for:

RENAULT Laguna II Hatchback 3.0 V6 24V (BG0D0B)
is £210.00
VED Band:G
Engine Capacity:2946
Fuel Type:Petrol
CO2:240 g/km
Euro Standard: *III

The CO2 240 g/km is the same as my V5C so no problem there.

But how does that compare with 0.00% and with =<0.2%?

I have received my V11 to renew my tax and it shows the amount due as &#163;165.00. The various sites I have checked say it is &#163;210 but there is an uncertain element as I saw somewhere that this is chargeable to cars registered after 26th March 2006; I take this to mean FIRST registration. So why send me a bill for &#163;165 if elsewhere they say it is &#163;210? Will they charge me what is on the V11 or what their station throws up?

The tax due is worked out on g/km of emission and the band in this case is Band 'G'. There is a variety of rates all listed in g/km which indicates a release into the atmosphere for every Kilometre driven, I suppose. But if the CO2 emission is nil, surely they have the tariff wrongly written

If the fuel is being completely burned, doesn't this mean we are not polluting???

This is where it becomes mind-boggling to me.

The other thing that comes to mind: If I drive 6000 miles a year why am I paying the same as someone doing 50000 miles on a similar tax disk.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome