Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #900 of (permalink) Old 16th July 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via Yahoo to faz11a
: Hi- Yes
Obviously a much more serious problem than on just reading my comments and having a first thought- Thanks.
The responsiblity lies somwhere between garage mechanics and renault designers/testers of safety checks. but the public as individuals are less powerful unless they band together and bring a 'case action' I guess?

Just checked google- Seems we need vava voom without bonnet going boom!
IMay be this of any interest-
..."Welcome to the Clio Action Group - as featured on BBC WatchdogYou have probably located this website because you feel strongly about the recurring incidents of bonnets flying open on Renault Clio Mark IIs while in transit. If you have personally experienced this, I hope that you have escaped unscathed with only damage to the vehicle.
Clio Action Group VideoI have put a video up of the two parts that are failing on Clios, the bonnet catch mechanism and the safety catch. Please watch, and encourage others to. Refer to it in when contacting your MP - let's get them to see the sub-standard parts Renault are using. Remember to highlight that Renault are STILL putting this corrodable part into new cars, and replacing like for like at their service centres. ...."

...'A check of the bonnet catch mechanism is already included in the annual MOT test required for vehicles more than three years old.

.'VOSA has looked at information retrieved from the computerised MOT system to
establish the frequency of the Renault Clio Mk2 bonnet catch noted as a failure or
advisory item at MOT test. This has confirmed that this item is not recorded as a
failure or advisory feature more than other makes. At the time of this data analysis,
the percentage figure for Renault Clio 2 failures or advisory notices is 11% in respect
of all other vehicle makes the figure is 15%...'
alfa have already precedented renault-
Appalling situation in this day and age!
I'm buying a big can of grease- and checking both catches every time I check the oil . :mad
Currently in faz11a's garage:
clio II 1.5 dci 80 initiale 2003 plate now deceased sold on

Last edited by faz11a; 16th July 2008 at 09:55 PM. Reason: additional comment
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome