Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - electrical problems

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 17th July 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123
Originally Posted by lagdti View Post

If the heated rear window AND the rear wiper don't work,then it could be a case that there are broken wires into the tailgate.I'm not 100% certain if the Focus gives problems with this,but a lot of other makes and models do.It could also be linked to the interior light too....

Older Ford models had contacts that completed the circuit when you close the the tailgate,but I'm not sure about the Focus.Also,earlier Fords used to lose the earth to the tailgate and you had to take the hinge pins out,clean them up,and all would start working again,it might be worth having a look at that on yours.
interesting... Well I've ordered a new wiper stalk because I want to convert the front wipers to the intermittent ones. So when I change that, atleast that will rule out a dodgy switch for the wiper. I will try make a temporary earth for the tailgate, see what happens. I will also check all the wires that i can access around the tailgate area and see if there is any damage. thanks for the suggestions, I will have a look at the car tomorow and see what I can find.

would a dodgy earth at the tailgate end stop the light coming on, on the heated screen button?
Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI

Last edited by stef123; 17th July 2008 at 05:37 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome