Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - electrical problems

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 17th July 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123
In addition to my last post, I've been searching the net. here are some interesting post I've found that seem kinda similar to mine...
  • 2001 1.6 focus 1st blowers stopped working, then slight misfire, heated front/rear screens stop & start(now don't work), interior light, rear wiper not working, when car misfires door/boot open warning light comes on. Been on computer, no faults recorded, garage thinks maybe wiring loom fault.
  • check the earth point near the battery which gets splashed when you top up the washers as this is a common fault on Focus to corrode here.
this post caught my attention...
  • the central timer module on focus gets corrupted by ignition misfires,causing scenarios like,interior light coming on,infact any circuit on the car that is controlled by the central timer module and rear heated screen as well as others,,the corrction used to be replacing the plugs as this could still happen without a misfire,you have a misfire which you need to correct,eg,coil fault,plug leads shorting down the side of the plugs or plug failure and all the other usual well known causes of ford petrol engine misfire,when you have corrected the misfire,what ever may be causing it,you may need to unplug the central timer module to allow it to reset then plug it back in....the fan you have not given much info on,there are common causes of this failure too,being fan speed resistor burning out.dash switch burning out,,a new loom section is available if the fan resistor has burnt out which you fit to the loom,,this is another common fault which is no doubt covered somewhere else on here,,,,
I do get a slight hesitation occasionally, misfire? it feels like I've taken my foot off the clutch to early. Maybe a change of coils and HT leads could sort this though? I can get both for around 40 so its not too an expensive fix.

Every forum im looking on, people are having the exact same problem!!! it appears this central timer thing is the culprit? Im quite amazed at how many people have reported problems like mine but there is no real answer.
Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI

Last edited by stef123; 17th July 2008 at 05:54 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome