Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing Cigarette Lighter

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 17th July 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Hi martin.

Thanks for your detailed reply however, unfortunetly it gets me no further on. I should have been a bit more specific.

The old lighter is definitely broken because the orange plastic bit that lights up when the lighter is activated has melted. I can only assume the push button remained depressed somehow and melted it along with the essential components in the socket. I have had no lighter since I bought the car, second hand.

Removing the old lighter was the easy bit. All I had to do was remove the ash tray in order for me to access beneath the trim, unplug the connector of the adjacent lighter and break it apart to remove it!

The bit Im struggling with is as follows. The hole in the trim that accommodates the lighter is a certain size - the circumference is just larger than that of the lighter socket but smaller than that of the orange plastic 'sheath' that fits around it (effectively holding the socket in its place).

My question therefore really should have been, how do I detach the orange bit from the socket in order to fit and secure the socket in its housing in the trim?

Thanks for the advice though. I'm sure it will stand me in good stead when I have finally fitted it.
Currently in sixteen_valve_vanessa's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Expression 1.2 16v

Last edited by sixteen_valve_vanessa; 17th July 2008 at 07:58 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome