Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Repeated flat battery

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 20th July 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to Tiggerz_SRi
Originally Posted by chrisball666 View Post
I see you had an Espace and changed it for a Galaxy; any particular reason and which do you prefer?
TBH Renault electrics are hard to work on!

I had a Espace III 2.2dT RXE (1998)

Front discs and pads 220 fitted
Same on the 1998 Gal 2.3 Ghia X 110

Head gasket went on the espace for the 2nd time in 4 years. 1st just before I bought her. This is looked as very good. 3 mechanics told me the 2.2 G8T engine was "the most over-engineered piece of they have EVER worked on".

Sliding seat rails were better in the espace though.

Sorry but 1000 bills every 4 years is not good.

Gal has better road holding, More toys for a top of the ranger (like the espace was) Rear discs, Better ABS, TC, Climate, ALL leccy windows including the boot ones, Leccy sunroof, Heated seats, Rear privacy glass..... (both have leather and the gal leather is MUCH nicer)

Slightly smaller inside though with all the seats in.

Parts ALOT cheaper and ALOT easier to get.
Better build quality by far. (put together by VW in germany)

AND IF I need a job doing at a garage, they dont suck there teeth and refuse the job!

Wanted the 2.8 but wasnt easy to find a good one!

Espace was better looking IMO, But the Gal is a far better family. Even down to maintainance, I have a timing chain, Just keep up with the oil changes No cam belt to worry about!

Cam belt quotes to change on teh 2.2dt espace, ALL over 1k!!!

Fact is, I got 4 kids, one being assesed for autism and my Mrs is having Neurological tests and I am her carer.

I cant afford to worry about IF the car will work today!
Currently in Tiggerz_SRi's garage:
Audi a4 v6 avant, used to have bmw 525d se estate, 2001 Toyota Previa 2.4 VVTi GLS, '98 R FORD Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X a Espace III 2.2dT RXE and a Lag I 1.8RT!

Last edited by Tiggerz_SRi; 20th July 2008 at 01:06 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome