Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Refitting rear Wiper unit

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 21st July 2008
doug d
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Did this on my last Scenic 1 - from memory there is a standard nut under the end of the wiper arm which clamps the arm down onto a splined drive spindle. Click the end of the arm up and off to reach this nut.
You might well find after taking the nut off that the arm is seized onto the spindle - I did, and the Autoglass man who replace the screen commented its pretty normal to be seized. Take care though, as unlike the steel front wipers, the rear arm is plastic with only a small moulded in metal insert which engages with the spindle splines.
I found that even after spraying mine with WD40 it didnt loosen enough to prevent the insert breaking out the arm when the arm was pulled off the spindle. Once off though, it was easy to get the insert off the splines with a bit of gentle ecouragement, and then I used slow setting Araldite to bond the inset back into the arm. Lasted fine for 2 years till I sold the car.

Last edited by doug d; 21st July 2008 at 05:23 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome