Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Average Speed Cameras

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 21st July 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by tankface View Post
Don't some Renault's have Speed Limiters too? I think it was an option on my Clio (tied in with Cruise Control) but it doesn't have it.

Also - which is better to trust? GPS or Speedo? My speedo is usually up about 5mph on the GPS figure (40 speedo, 35 GPS) and it does have me worried sometimes...
Its got a speed limiter too but I use it less often. Good if you'd only rarely reach full speed, accelerating away then it suddenly dies. Not sure though if it goes further over the set limit than cruise though - by the time it cuts acceleration you'll already have some momentum... So I use cruise or me foot

Cruise is good because you naturally slow down on a hill or a corner whereas cc will just keep going. You can tell following other cars as your speed doesn't waver and suddenly they die and then its out with the flashers

I assume my cc is the actual speed whereas the speedo is always 5mph over - which is alot when it says you're doing 30 but cc says its only 25. I'm pretty sure the cc isn't linked to gps however and haven't tried another gps system. Would assume though that shows true speed as well.

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)

Last edited by bpowell555; 21st July 2008 at 10:23 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome