Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #86 of (permalink) Old 23rd July 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Hi Folks,

I've just joined this forum today and I'm looking to see if anyone has advice on the problems I've been having with my Renault Clio extreme. Its a 2001 plate and I've been having electronic problems since I got the car. The service light and the airbag light are constantly on. I recently took it for a service and was advised that it was an engine managemnt fault and that the car didn't need to be serviced.

I also have problems with the orange coil light coming on and the car juddering to a halt. It does usually start again though.

Now yesterday I drove the car to work and all was fine only to find that it wouldn't start at all when I got in to drive home. It is completely dead and won't turn over at all. There is a strange clicking noise coming from the engine so my other half changed a relay which made no difference. I have tried jump starting but again there is nothing. All of the lights on the dash come on but the engine doesn't turn over at all.

Can anyone offer any advice? My brother is due to buy this car from be but I don't want to sell him a dud!

Currently in Mcdougalljo's garage:
Renault Clio extreme
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome