Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Wiper Blades OEM or Blades only?

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 23rd July 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by lagdti View Post
I've never tried them,but apparently they can be very noisy in operation.I think a few people on the forum have tried to retro fit the flat blades to their cars but have quickly removed them.
Like Azurael, I retro-fitted Bosch Aerotwins (A531 S, if I remember well) on my 2004 Clio, which are in their second year of usage now, with absolutely no problems AT ALL (I just clean them properly each week) ... They cost just 32 euros (or something -approx. 28 GBP).
As for the Scenics, I had found this picture somewhere (maybe in the forum), when I was looking to buy a present for my brother's Scenic (November 2004, pre-face lift model) last year, which was supposed to be fitted with the Valeo VM400, while the wiper arm was for the VM419 (typically, January 2005 and on) !! He finally bought them from a Renault dealer, for 50 euros (I had bought VM400 and he exchanged them, with 5 extra euros ) !! Quite cheap for OEM ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VALEOVM419V400.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	6155  

"The great continent which is surrounded on all sides by the great sea, they say, lies less distant from the others, but about five thousand stadia from Ogygia."
(Plutarch on the great continent west of the Atlantic Ocean)
(Clio) (Liberty)
Currently in Govus's garage:
A 2004 boreal grey Renault Clio II 1.4 16v Confort Dynamique 5door, a 2003 Piaggio Liberty 125 and a 2011 Ideal NErgetic (bicycle) in Athens, Greece

Last edited by Govus; 23rd July 2008 at 02:38 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome