Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Best way to wire in Sub?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 24th July 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to Mike11 Send a message via Skype™ to Mike11
When I wired mine in my Rover, I had it in the boot, however. From the top of my head here goes:

The +VE wire, i.e. the one with the fuse to the battery like you say, ran from the battery and through the firewall into the passenger footwell just behind the lowest part of the dash.

If you remove the carpet from deep at the bottom of the footwell and look around you will see that there are some rubber grommets in the firewall that have nothing going through them.

Basically I took a stanley knife to on of them and made a little slit them passed the wire through it. I then ran it around the edge under the carpet towards the boot.

In your case you can pass it around the back of the centre console or through a grommet in the drivers footwell and around the edge under the sill, then make a little hole in the carpet under the seat for the wire to come through to the sub. How you mount the sub under there I don't know though.

I hope that has some help to you.
Currently in Mike11's garage:
An LPG powered Ford Focus ST170.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome