Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Best way to wire in Sub?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 24th July 2008
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by tankface View Post
Hi all,

Some of you will know I'll be having a Sub put under my Driver's seat. Just been down to my ICE shop so they could have a look for a suitable place to put the wiring through for the sub to the battery (it's an active sub with built-in amp) and we couldn't see anywhere obvious.

I have searched and seen replies saying poke through this seal and poke through that, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a sure-fire, safe way of getting the wire through to the battery?

EDIT: The general consensus on here and on ClioSport suggests taking the +ve wire through the grommet for the Bonnet Release cable - is this an OK thing to do?

Any pics would be crackin' too

Hi Tank stef123 is your man mate he fitted one to his clio the same shape as yours just last year and iam sure he would be more than happy to give you some tips,pm him if you don't ask you don't get iam sure he will help, all the best Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome