Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Uprating ICE

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 26th July 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to tankface
Update: Went into another local motor shop today as my mate needed filters etc for his Pug and whilst I was there I thought what the heck and asked them about prices for what I want. I mentioned a CDC and he said why don't you buy one of "these" instead. He pointed to a In-dash DVD player (this one, in fact) and I was quite impressed by what it could do for the price as it would save me having a CDC under the front seat at risk of damage from the passenger seat being whizzed back and forth.

I then thought that as it wasn't a well known make, that I wouldn't retain the use of my Steering Controls which I use every time I drive and so it's pretty muh imperative I keep them. So...

1) Has anyone heard of Sevic? What are they like?

2) Does anyone know if they are Steering Control compatible and if so who makes the adapters? Autoleads don't seem to make them for Sevic stuff.

In foresight of it not being steering control compatible, I searched and found a JVC KD-AVX22 which JVC themselves state to be compatible - problem is it's an extra 80-100
Currently in tankface's garage:
2006 Black Magic Seat Leon Sport TDI DSG
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome