Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Uprating ICE

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 26th July 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Interesting thread

Much as I love music, I'm not bothered about having the car kitted out with fancy gizmos and the like. The Megane had a Renault/Phillips CD player HU (which Mike11 now has in his car) and rear Pioneer speakers (can't remember the model no's) which were great, along with the OEM door speakers and dash tweeters. Sounded pretty bloody good actually

The Cavalier has a JVC mosfet (I dunno what that means, but they made a "big deal" of it on the box!) mp3 HU with 4 second hand (free ) Kenwood KFC13.... (can't remember the nos again!) speakers in the front doors and rear next to the parcel shelf along with the standard Vx dash tweeters, again it sounds bloody good, as good as the Megane in fact IMO. Plenty of bass and it takes some to get distortion, the fact that the drivers door card is loose (I wonder who broke that then ) does add a rattle which I can live with for now. One thing I do miss from the Meg is the steering remote which was so fuss free to use, I can see why keeping that is important for you tank. I could get a JVC remote control stick for my car, but TBH I can't be ar$ed! I'll sacrifice the remote for the excellent mp3 capability ta very much!

Anyway, sorry I seem to have rambled on for no other reason than my own boredom! Best of luck with the ICE setup in your car tank, interesting stuff

The Vauxhall Cavalier - one of the safest cars you'll bump into
Currently in Bob925's garage:
2015 '65 Vauxhall Astra SRi, and a variety of "lovely" buses

Last edited by Bob925; 26th July 2008 at 10:54 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome