Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Breaking into a Renault Scenic!!!!

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 27th July 2008 Thread Starter
Scenic Demon
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
i came very close to putting a window through to get in before we finally cracked it! i was even at the stage of doing eeny meeny miny mo to choose which window to smash on my pride and joy.

a lesson learnt tho - i always thought it would be impossible to lock the keycard in the car - problem was, with the nice hot weather yesterday i was wearing shorts, so my keycard, normally in my jeans pocket was in the little uns changing bag. i unlocked the car as usual threw the bag in the boot and closed the boot. as i was walking around to the side door to put the little un in his car seat i heard the click of the central locking arming itself and realised straight away what i'd done.

it seems that there is a time limit between unlocking the car and opening a door or it will lock itself again as a security feature.... however the boot would seem not to count as a door.

lesson learnt like - i'll not to it again after that carry on!!!!

it was quite nice to see how secure my car is like, although as you all say, the brick approach is quite quick and effective hence why i never leave my tomtom, ipod etc in the car!
Currently in Scenic Demon's garage:
11 Reg Skoda Octavia 1.6 MPi SE and a 2001 Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome