Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Hands Free Dead Locking

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 27th July 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by Zois View Post
I tried the deadlock feature on my 2005 Laguna II Initiale.
I pressed the lock button twice, or I pressed it once long. The car is supposed to be deadlocked, and in case, there are any windows open, they close themselves. However, someone from inside can open the doors with the interior handles, which simply means the car is not deadlocked. Do I do anything wrong ? Is this a problem or just the car does not have the deadlock option ?
If you get the rapid flashing of the hazard lights and the total closure for the windows and sunroof activates, then the car should be deadlocked. You should also hear the clunk of the locks activating when deadlocking occurs.

I always thought that the whole point of deadlocking was that crooks couldn't get the doors open even if they've gained access to the interior of the car (e.g. by breaking a window or prying open the top of the door frame.) The wife's out in my Lag at the moment, but I'll have a go when she comes back, as long as I remember. It may be a fault on your specific car, or it could be a design feature.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome