Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Convertible roof fault & Renault dealer incompetence

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 28th July 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by Audi_any_day View Post
Thanks to all the various posts on stuck roof mechanicals which led me to this link below showing that the likely fix was the resetting of the cam in the rear cover release mechanism. My good lady partner was in a right tiz when it stopped working with Renault dealer signs flashing up in her mind! Took 30 mins and I was in her good books all weekend!

On the subject of Renault dealers diagnostic skills - a few weeks ago the good lady phoned me to say that her engine was running rough and she was worried about it breaking down. She took it to the local Renault dealer who without testing the car tells her that at that mileage (63K) it would need a head off and decoke at 1000. I then test drove it to find it flies (2.0 IDE - not bad for a Frenchie) but had a vibration through the seat. Rear wheels balanced and it now runs fine! Is there no government department to shop these thieving dealers to?

Crazy Renault dealerships as like most Marques you get good ones and well ...................................

You can complain to Renault Customer Services and it is logged against the garage but if it makes a difference ?

Trouble is even in the independent sector it is not any better good uns and bad uns only thing in the independent sector your probably paying less to get ripped off
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome