Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How To Change A Lag I V6 Air Filter*Pics*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th July 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Post How To Change A Lag I V6 Air Filter*Pics*

If you look in the renault handbook for an air filter change on a Lag I V6 it'll refer you to your local Renault Dealer....who would probably charge you 80 for something that would take you 10 minutes to do yourself.

So, here's the how to;
  • Loosen the two Jubilee Clips that are circled in red in photo 1 and carefully wiggle the smaller hose on the right off of it's plug.
  • Carefully 'wiggle' the breather hose, circled in blue, off of it's plug on the side of the air intake pipe.
  • Unclip the electrical connector, circled in purple.
  • Unscrew the seven [Phillips] screws, circled in green. The topmost screw is a biatch as it sits directly underneath the intake tube, it can be got to but you will probably need a 'bendy' extension (photo 3).
Once the above is done, you should be able to take hold of the top of the air filter housing and manover it away from the bottom section. You will then be left with a sight such as that in photo 2, hopefully with an air filter there though (I'd already taken mine out). You may want to take this opportunity to remove any bits and pieces from the housing.

You are then able to fit the new filter.

Be aware, though, when replacing the air filter housing in reverse of the above instructions, that you ensure the rubber edge to the new filter does not catch against the edge of the filter housing thus not giving an air tight fit.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Hopefully this may help someone and save 'em a few pennies as well

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R
  5 Lastest Threads by scatz
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scatz is upgrading! [Pic Heavy] My mottah! scatz 18 3577 11th March 2014 10:54 AM
Exhaust blow is driving me nuts! Exhausts scatz 8 2198 22nd August 2013 04:02 PM
Where are all the Mk1 V6 Laguna's? General Chat pauljackie 5 1927 24th July 2013 05:58 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome