Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ATTENTION clio mk 2 sunroof fix :)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th July 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to jonny_g
ATTENTION clio mk 2 sunroof fix :)

after weeks of getting soaked via my water feature/mk2 sunroof, i decided enough was enough. having spent an hour or more trying to unscrew all the hidden 10mm bolts to release the plastic sunroof casing in order to reseal it, i discovered that one of the bolts would not unscrew. after hours of battling, i decided on another route.

quick trip to halfrauds for some black insulating duck tape after failing initially with some loctite flex sealant on the outside. i had tried to seal from the outside-in with the loctite but that looked a complete mess. so i decided to tidy it up. took about 20-30 mins to do patiently so as to try and keep straight lines etc, but here's how it looks now....

I know its not perfect but it was the best i could do given my cirumstances and its completely waterproof. the tape has been on over a week now and no shrinkange or peeling with cold or heat.(fingers crossed)

much better than paying 100-250 quid to get it resealed by someone else

Currently in jonny_g's garage:
Toyota corolla T3 2.0L D4D 116bhp
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jonny_g For This Useful Post:
giganto (27th February 2011), john freeman (19th April 2012), qbdurrheim (12th January 2013), thetich (2nd November 2011)
  5 Lastest Threads by jonny_g
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
farewell to renault forums (sort of) General Chat jonny_g 6 4094 16th March 2010 01:18 PM
DCi losing power and glow plug light coming on Engines meganedti 17 15993 2nd August 2009 03:27 PM
Very good source for translating fault codes Electronics Ditchfield 8 138024 17th April 2009 11:51 AM
good renault mechanic in leicester/ east midlands... Cars & motoring narrowgauge 3 2973 5th February 2009 09:57 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome