Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New head unit using radio display

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 31st July 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
head unit for scenic, for cd player

i forot to mention, the philips head unit i took out of my 1998 scenic is renault #77-00-414-001. philips #22dc594/72b,made in france, the plug at the rear has a plug for paddle control in, (steering wheel controls) another plug for dash display out,, another plug for cd changer (player) in, as well as a plug for speakers out, power in etc, so you see its a dedicated set up for these renault cars, the cd cable from stacker to head unit, it is a special cable, standard 8 pin plug at player end, but a flat 8 pin type for head unit, different from other philips head units, i have 2 different philips head units, and a 6 stacker and 10 stacker from different cars,both stackers have same plug, but different ends for head unit connection. hope this helps, for mp3, you can buy a fm modulator that tunes into a selected band station number and transmits the mp3 player signal to the head unit quite popular with the younger generation, as analternative to cd players,
Currently in petercee's garage:
1998 scenic rxe
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome