Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Uprating ICE

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 31st July 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to tankface
After a lot of deliberation (we find the defendant guilty ) I've made a decision.

Went back to my ICE man today with specs on stuff I had picked out so that he could cast a professional eye over it. Whilst waiting for him to finsih with another customer, I noticed he had some clearance deals that I hadn't noticed before. An Amp for 50 and a Sub for 80. This was 10 cheaper than what I would have had delivered, and so he demo'd it for me and wow...bassssss I stuck a 20 deposit on them and am going to order the HU and speakers online tonight. So here's what I'll be getting:

Magnat Edition 132 Speakers x2
Magnat The Rock 400 Amp
MAC Audio IceStorm 125 Sub

He also had the Magnat Megaforce 1100 Sub but I decided against it. Yes, it was 175w RMS as opposed to 150w but it about twice the size! 51cm in lenght as opposed to 31cm It would fit the Clio, but tightly

They are both ported bandpass subs, but the MAC also has an acryllic window showing the sub and is illuminated with blue LEDs

The HU and Speakers I'll be ordering from Car Audio Direct - CAD were the best priced for the AVX - even Halfords have it for 300! And yes, it is new!

The speakers look good too - he recommended them as he stocks Magnat stuff and says he's never had any of it come back to him

So this time next week I should have it fitted and be a happy tank

Thank you for all your suggestions - Rep will be left and pics taken and posted here once it's done
Currently in tankface's garage:
2006 Black Magic Seat Leon Sport TDI DSG
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome