Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing number plates?

View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 31st July 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Originally Posted by Bob925 View Post
you're not safe doing anything, anywhere anytime these days
Yea I'm starting to think like that too Bob. Everything is electronic, only takes someone who knows what they're doing and they can have the lot. Thing that worries me the most is there are plenty out there with the know how!

I had plates made up from a shop online twice, again for a tenner a pair. Lookes loads nicer than from anywhere local to me. They were advertised as show plates for non road use, didn't need to supply documents either. I thought they were worth it as they seemed to add something to the car.

Here's a pic of some on my last car. The writing was illegal, but very readable, I never once got tugged for them either. Unfortunatly they did fail an MOT cos I forgot to take them off the car Never mind you lives and learns! You can just make out the welsh flag on the left side! Sh!te camera phone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00058.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	6175  
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)

Last edited by Mikey; 31st July 2008 at 08:48 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome