Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing number plates?

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 1st August 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by Bob925 View Post
True, but they (much) were cheaper... Unlikely that cloning my car would do them much good as there are not that many around too. A much newer car though I probably wouldn't do it that way Though thats probably me being silly

I had "show" plates on the Megane made up for a tenner the pair though they were not legal (though they looked like they were ) They had the same dealer address and postcode on (the custom text at the bottom) that the originals had though they were missing the BS "BS"

Remember though theres nothing stopping your "trusted local supplier" cloning your car, a quick photocopy of the docs maybe? And while they're at it they could clone your debit/credit card and steal all your money too, you're not safe doing anything, anywhere anytime these days

Dealing with a reputable source is one thing but sending all your car/driving licence/credit card details off to some unknown ebay source who could be just working from a shed/bedroom etc to my mind is crazy.

They would gain far more info from the supplied details than just clocking a car passing in the high street.

With all this camera recognition of vehilcles ( Speed cameras/congestion charging etc ) the powers that be wan't Regs to be easily readable, why the delay in making it an MOT failure I'm not sure.

The Police/Traffic commisioners have the power to stop and remove from the road any trailer/caravan that they would deem unsafe, But i agree all trailers/caravans etc should have an official annual road worthyness test/check .

Farmers are another source of unsafe trailers, A fast trac unit can do about 50 mph on the road yet trailers are often cobbled together from many souces with a large load and trailer has never ever being tested/rated

There are a great deal of responsible caravaners who are fastidious in their vans upkeep and safety but there are many who should never be allowed on the road

Last edited by ottoman; 1st August 2008 at 02:39 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome