Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fitting of TDC Sensor*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th August 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Fitting of TDC Sensor*Fixed*

I had some trouble starting the car last week and took off the TDC censor and cleaned it which seemed to clear the problem. In any event I decided to replace it with a new one which I have purchased from a local Renault dealer.

It appears that I have now got a modified version which requires some alteration with the electric connections. I am attaching a picture of the new sensor that I have and I think that I have to cut the wires to the old sensor and join up the old wires to the new one using an adaptor kit supplied.

Would one of you experts be kind enough to assist me in the fitting of this as I would like to know what to do before I take the drastic step of cutting the wires. I would also like to know if the old wires are colour coded?

As always you help is appreciated.

Currently in DeeBeeS's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna Sports Tourer 16v 1600

Last edited by DeeBeeS; 5th August 2008 at 04:13 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by DeeBeeS
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Fitting of wiper stalk on Laguna Electronics DeeBeeS 0 1029 13th December 2012 11:41 AM
Fuse keeps blowing Electronics DeeBeeS 4 2461 5th July 2010 06:19 PM
Heater runs cold when stationery Heating & cooling hondo 9 2716 20th January 2010 10:13 AM
Drivers door will not open Electronics DeeBeeS 2 1852 21st November 2009 10:41 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome