Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Digital dash with a dash of character.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th August 2008 Thread Starter
Gary Matthews
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Red face Digital dash with a dash of character.

Good evening one & all, a question which I'm sure has been asked before but I can't find an answer to it.

This afternoon I changed some of the bulbs in the digital display in my 1998 Espace. Like the fool I am, I took the connections off the display and took it inside the house to replace the bulbs.

The replacement bulbs work fine but when the ignition is switched on there is now a series of warnings about battery, oil , ABS, airbags, the state of the international space station etc. Followed by STOP & service.

None of this prevents the old bus from starting and after a few hundred metres, the normal clock & temperature are displayed and all is well.

Until you switch off & start off again. And then it happens all over again.

So more of an annoyance than a major problem and more so as I obviously caused it myself.

As the Celtic Tiger is having a nap this year, I just can't go out and buy an new car on the spur of the moment so I'm wondering if anybody has had or is having a similar disagreement with their Espace and could shed some light on it.

Several pints of Guinness for a correct solution!

Currently in Gary Matthews's garage:
-"It all began with a 1990 R21 followed by a '94 Savanna then a '94 Espace 2.1 diesel, now in Romania I think. Replaced by a 1998 2.2 Espace td."
  5 Lastest Threads by Gary Matthews
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace III dimmer control Electronics Donald 3 1056 26th May 2009 09:48 PM
Renault Espace - Roof Bar Runner Stops Bodywork Gary Matthews 3 1080 19th August 2008 03:55 PM
Digital dash with a dash of character. Electronics Tiggerz_SRi 3 1095 5th August 2008 05:42 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome