Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Leaking RX4 rear door seal ?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 6th August 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Glad to hear that someone else is suffering with this problem. It's an fffing pain!

My car is in a similar situation in that it is parked on a sloping drive at home. The rear of the car is elevated above the front and the well for the car jack fills up with water.

Water appears to be coming from the top of the rear door near the hinge. I think the seal near the hing is not tight against the door as there is no black stripe running round the hinge end interior of the door like there is on the lock side of the door.

When water leaks into the car it travels down the inside of the hinge side of the door next to the rubber door seal untill it hits the bottom of the rubber door seal. Her it accumulates and as the car is on a slope it runs into the car by travelling over/under the grey plastic mount covering the door seal at the bottom. If you park your car with the front wheels higher than the rear wheels then the water will leak out between the seal and the grey plastic (interior) liner of the door and the car will not flood. There is a slight slope on the top of the rear door to shed rain. When the car is sloping forward this slope disappears.

I don't think my problem is a sun roof issue.

Will try and sort out some pictures.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome