Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Electric Window Fault

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 6th August 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
have just had a similar fault fixed on my 53 plate megane, seems its another common fault on renaults,

mine went on my way to work the other day, window went down but would it 'eckers like come back up , had to put some plastic sheet over the gapeing hole over night,

managed to strip down the door panel easy enough the next day, only to find that the electric motor was languishing in the bottom of the door, cables all akimbo, took out the defective motor, wedged up the window with a block of wood and booked it into the dealers.

298 (inc vat) to supply and fit , but at least the window works again ,oh and they did valet the car before they'ed let me collect it.

trouble is the damn thing has four of these motors and am now wondering which one will go next, oh the joys of motoring

' iron man ' is a super hero........ ' iron woman ' is a command
Currently in smutty's garage:
megane 1.5 80 dci, , several types of bus and an o4 plate citroen xsara picaso and an 07 plate vauxhall astra sxi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome