Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Engines - Diesel fuel filter replacement - 1.9DCI

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 24th April 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I changed my filter because the car was ticking over irratically. The filter change helped it was easy to change as the system is self priming. All you do is disconnect all(5) the plastic hoses pull the old filter off the mounting plate fit new filter and all hoses. Turn ignition to on position and you hear the fuel pump bussing away, you also see the fuelpassing through the plastic hoses. when the pump stops the filter is primed job done.
The Dci engine is prone for the egr valve blocking up and this causes irratic running as well, mine was blocked solid.
The egr valve is mounted on the inlet manifold just to the right of the air filter it has 3 10mm screws holding it in place and has a single electrical connection. remove the 3 screws pull out valve (it can be a bit tight) and clean as best you can with carb cleaner, clean out any debris from manifold hole and replace valve.
I changed both filter and cleaned egr valve in just over an hour. Both jobs are easily done and would save a futune on Renault prices. Hope this helps

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome