Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Those annoying white scuffs

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 8th August 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by jww41005 View Post
Hey fellas!

Be careful using those 'abrasive liquids'. There was a mark on the roof of my car, which I rubbed and rubbed. There's now a patch on the roof where there's no lacquer, and it's getting bigger
If you have metallic or pearlescent paint, you must make sure that what you use is 'clear coat safe'. Good old T-Cut isn't and will damage the clear coat if you are not very careful! I think that you can get clear coat safe T-Cut, it's in a blue bottle IIRC.

Same thing applies when machine polishing. A professional detailer will check first with a paint thickness gauge before machine polishing. You can't machine polish clear coats many times before the clear coat is too thin to work with.

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow...

Wanna see what I drive? No pics of the latest Passat, but you can see the Scenic II here and the CB1000R here!

Previous Passat here and Bandit here.
Currently in martin999's garage:
2011 (11) VW Passat 2.0 TDi SE + options in Island Grey, 2011 (11) Honda CB1000R in Pearl Cool White... oh and a 2004 (54) Secnic II 1.5dCi Dynamique in Ottoman Blue !
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome