Independent Renault Forums banner

Flashing Red Light On Dashbord*Fixed*

5K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  gapesterr 
#1 ·
Could anybody help with my starting prob the red light on the dash flashes quickly and the car will not start i take the key out of the ignition and play around for a while and it rectfies itself and works ok for a while then it happens again
i have taken of the tdc sensor and cleaned it to no avail

#2 · (Edited)
Flashing Red Light On Dashbord

Could anybody help with my starting prob the red light on the dash flashes quickly and the car will not start i take the key out of the ignition and play around for a while and it rectfies itself and works ok for a while then it happens again

My car is a clio 1.2 2002
thanks

G
#3 · (Edited)
Year and model of your car may help others to diagnose your problem properly

But it sounds like it could be immobiliser to me

#11 ·
Cured Flashing Red Light

The Problem is now cured a man with a van came round to my home took a reading off my key grabed a new blank chip put a reading of my old chip on it removed my old chip from the original key super glued the new chip on to my key and bingo cost £30 cash 1 minuites work great way to mak a living

#13 ·
The Problem is now cured a man with a van came round to my home took a reading off my key grabed a new blank chip put a reading of my old chip on it removed my old chip from the original key super glued the new chip on to my key and bingo cost £30 cash 1 minuites work great way to mak a living
Who was this man for future reference? Contact details?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.