Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - argos obd II fault code reader

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 9th August 2008
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Originally Posted by Truckbusuk View Post
Its 40 Lags ... here is the link...

But like most of the stuff at argos I'd guess its full price and they dont give you much info .... so I'd guess its available at 30 or less on the net!

Mmm.....a code reader for 40?..Thanks TBUK,I must catch up with my Argos catalogue reading.

Originally Posted by Donald View Post
Thanks Bob,so if it not compatible with my connector do you know if there is an adapter??
Don,save your money mate.

I know people get excited about cheap 'code readers',but really they are pretty much all of a muchness......and thats a pile of w4nk.

I know I must sound like a stuck record,but decent code reading equipment and diagnosis doesn't come cheap,our Snap-On scanner cost us 3000 and is 800 a year to update,and even thats not really that great.I'm surprised that Argos want to get involved with this sort of thing as cheap code readers can do more harm than good.

If you can find a good independant local to you that will print the codes from your car for 30 then your on to a winner,reading them yourself with sub standard equipment isn't a good idea.

I know I sound like a condescending tw4t,but honestly it ain't worth it.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome