Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Spark Plug Type - 2.0 IDE Laguna 2002

View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 24th April 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by MIKE4369
Plot thickens!! Had car in today at main dealer who has stated that the problem can be 2 things. What was originally a plug question has now developed into Injector/Valve problem. Fault message "Injection System Faulty" and ESP faulty(why? they can't be related surely)
If you hadn't mentioned yours being an ST I'd be asking you if you'd bought my old car. You're describing the behaviour of my old old IDE to a tee. Apart from being a bit noisy at idle (a 'direct injection' trait, I believe) it ran sweet as a nut for most of the time and returned 30mpg.

But when it did go wrong, it'd throw up the dreaded 'Fuel injection fault' and 'ESP fault' together. I think it first did this within a week from new. Usually stopping and restarting the engine would clear it, but I ended up 'limping' to the dealer on a number of occasions. Invariably, a fault would be logged with no.2 injector going open circuit, though it was always okay when the dealer tested it, so they usually used to just reset the code and give me the car back.

They eventually replaced the injector a few weeks before I changed cars. The fault never came back while I had the car, but it'd often go that long between faults anyway. Fingers crossed though, that sorted it (or I pity the new owner.)
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome