Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What treatment to fix gouge on undercarriage ?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th August 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
What treatment to fix gouge on undercarriage ?

A few weeks ago drove over a yard long metal bar (I guess fell off a truck) at 140 kph on Autostrada in Italy and it left a 8 inch long gouge on the underside of my RX4 (around 1/4 to 3/8th inch deep groove/crease but didn't puncture the metal on the floor pan under the rear LHS passenger floor.

Just missed the brake lines and electrics and made a hell of a noise.

I now have bare metal exposed so the question is what do I do to fix this ? The maintenance software thing that starts with "D and ends with S" says IXELL "MAG PRO" monocomposite mastic but what is that in the real world?

Also wouldn't I have to spray the metal first with some type of primer ?
Currently in openmtl's garage:
2000 Renault Scenic RX4 2.0 Petrol
  5 Lastest Threads by openmtl
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
What not to do with your power steering fluid... Engines madnoel10 1 9373 6th February 2010 12:39 PM
What treatment to fix gouge on undercarriage ? Bodywork Lagdti 2 1290 10th August 2008 08:57 PM
Renault Scenic 1 - Closest Haynes Manual... Cars & motoring Lagdti 1 4226 6th August 2008 02:19 PM
RX4 2.0 L Petrol not firing - TDC sensor cleaned... Engines openmtl 1 1688 26th February 2008 11:43 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome