Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Are They That Bad?

View Single Post
post #82 of (permalink) Old 11th August 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by bpowell555 View Post
heh delta, sorry to rain on your bonfire but don't forget the safety record of older cars is generally not good - a small head-on shunt will likely have your kneecaps off whereas a newer car such as the lag II with collapsable engineering (geddit) will spare you the grevious bodily harm...
Yeah I know! Saff is built differently to a lot of cars though - After handling the door on one of these and then a normal car, every normal car feels like its built from tin foil! It also has airbags everywhere all over the place.

Doesn't change the fact its 10 yrs old though as you say which is why I'm a careful driver. I love my saffy!

Must be said though, after parking it next to a W reg volvo that was up for sale last week I was well impressed with the saff - The volvo looked and felt like a tin can which was suprising as they've got tank reputation..

I'm not saying the saff is safer than any other car but they've put a bit of effort into it which is a lot for renault...
Currently in delta1066's garage:

Last edited by delta1066; 11th August 2008 at 02:55 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome