Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 1 - Drivers Door Lock Not Working

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11th August 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to colmrenaul
That's a pity.
I bought new battey's for the key, but it made no difference. I took down the IR reciever and had a look at it. It was very clean with no water marks but I had to clean some dust out of the red housing alright. After reading the forum I must have a closer look at the soldered joints on the IR reciever with a magnifing glass to check for dry solderd joints. I also checked for power on the live feed to the reciever and it was fine.

The button on the dash opperartes the locks perfectly so it doesn't apear to be door lock motors. It never had an issue with the imobiliser either. Would that mean the key is coded ok?

Fine car otherwise, very economical.

P.S. Just checked that the remote is e-mitting a signal using the camera phone technique and it turned out it is. I'd say it'd down to the IR reciever now. Now who do I know with a Clio that would give me a loan of their IR reciever to try out
Currently in colmrenaul's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna 2 Initiale 2.0 dCi 150

Last edited by colmrenaul; 12th August 2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Further research done on the problem
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome