Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Are They That Bad?

View Single Post
post #95 of (permalink) Old 12th August 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by bpowell555 View Post
At the end of the day no car will survive a really big shunt - or an suv crawling all over you
Lol I wasn't saying anything to the contrary Survival chances are still a bit better than a mini cooper though - I've heard of people being in head on crashes in them and the engine coming forward and taking their legs off

Originally Posted by Bob925 View Post
Absolutely. Remember the 5th gear episode in which they crashed a ickle Renault Modus into a big old barge Volvo 740 estate... The Volvo even as tank-like as it was came out of the crash a lot worse than the little Modus did

(The crash worthiness of my car is something I don't like to talk or think about so I'll just watch the ad from the early 90s about Cavalier crash safety!)
I saw that episode too. It wasn't pretty at all. Thing is though, safety is big seller these days and the manufacturers have been moving forward with their designs etc. There is no way an older 'safe' car can compete with todays cars. The only way our cars will ever survive crashes is when they're all made of rubber lol.

Originally Posted by laguna steve View Post
I have just trawled through this lot, what a lot of ups and downs every one is having,

As mine is the V6 the only problem i have had was with the coil packs, they go from time to time and changing the front ones was not a problem, but the rear ones are a bugger to change.

its been serviced, and the belts have been changed, i had to replace the air con rad, stuck a drill through it, "dont ask,,,lol" and the bonnit latch has come away from its mount just inside the foot well but thats not a problem so all in all, i have been happy with it.
Did you have to have your engine removed for the cambelt to be done? - Only reason I ask is for Scatz because he's got the same engine/car and has no idea about his belt age/condition etc. He's been quoted high prices to get it done as most people are certain the engine has to come out. I know for a fact he'l be gutted if it snaps - expensive rebuild or another engine is something I'm sure he wants to avoid.
Currently in delta1066's garage:

Last edited by delta1066; 12th August 2008 at 01:08 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome