Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Did I Pay Too Much?

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12th August 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

thanks to all the people who have taken the time to reply, this is the story, we were due to on holiday last week in September 07 but the car we had completely packed up and came to the end of its life 3 weeks before we were due to go away , a friend who my wife new through work had his own car business and heard of our situation and offer to help .asked what we were after and how much we wanted to spend ,also offered finance .we checked out his web site and all looked good .a week later we were the proud owners of espace with the finance total 9000 which we were happy to pay .to start with the car was a dream ,but on the way on holiday started noticing the start of our problems loss of power
lots of other things that when we got back we brought to his attention,he took the car beck had his mechanic look at it and told us the problem was solved and the egr valve needed cleaning and now there would be no more problems as a good will he offered to m o t for us .car passed and said he wanted no more to do with it .a few months past with no power problems , then it started again but now we are getting compleat shut down .tried to go back to him but wont talk to us and wont do a thing about it although it is the same problem as when we first bought it .we have recently found out he has done something similar to other people .we think he may of bought this car from auction and sold on to us not telling us .anyway we contacted a local radio station who love to sort out peoples problems and wanted us to try to find out the value at the time we bought it .get Renault to do a full diagnostic report and get back to them sorry to bore you all but just thought i would tell you the score will post again with the out come.i know i should have done more investigating before we bought from him but a bit late now
Currently in renz73's garage:
renault espace 2.2 dci the race
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome